Monday, July 23, 2007

Week 1, Thing #2

OK, yeah I know I've haven't posted in a while but things have been a little hectic, so here we go. And yes, I know the weeks are a tad bit out of order.

After going through my notes about the 7 1/2 habits of successful lifelong learners, this is what I came up with. Probably the habit I have the hardest time with would be #1: Begin with the end in mind. I, like a lot of people out there, come up with all these grand plans, only to succumb to the pressures of daily life and forget all about where I need to be going. Every year I used to sit down and plan out what I want to accomplish in the next 365 days. I quit doing that due to the fact that after a few months, I couldn't even tell you what was on that list. Now I just settle for planning out my week (if I even get that far).

As far as the easiest goes it's probably #2: Accept responsibility for your own learning. I like to learn something new every day. Whether it's learning a new way to do my job or the finding out where the best place to fish for Oily Blackmouths is in World of Warcraft (I need them for my Water Breathing potions, back off). The day you stop learning is the day you start stagnating.

1 comment:

Little Chicken said...

I hear there are schools of Oily Blackmouths in Stranglethorn Vale... What's your fishing skill at???