Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Week 4, Thing #9: Explore MERLIN and other RSS search tools

I liked MERLIN. Found a few things I want to explore a little more in depth such as "Library Success: A Best Practices WIKI" and the free courses at CNet. I also checked out the Gaming, Avatars and Virtual Worlds link, and just like everyone else, I made my Yahoo avatar...which I'm not too thrilled about. It kind of throws off the whole theme of the blog. Now, as far as the Second Life thing goes, I already had kind of a bad attitude about it. Yes, I realize I live in a virtual world in my spare time as a green skinned Orc Warrior, but why would I want a second "real life" (I like the real life I currently have). After checking out the web site, and doing a little digging, I've decided that while the thought of becoming a virtual real estate baron is intriguing, I don't need another time sink.

As far as the RSS search tools goes, I guess I liked Syndic8 the best. Added two new feeds to Bloglines. I'm now up to 22.

No comments: